Friday, January 3, 2014

Dear Hildy - When Friends Can't Get Along

*a not often recurring series of tips, tricks and advice from everyone's favorite witch*

 Dear Hildy:
A couple of my friends hate each other and it's putting me in a really awkward situation. I don't know exactly what led to the ongoing argument they're having, but it's starting to become really hard to continue friendship with all but one of them. We range in age from 30-45, so you think these high school games would be over with, but not so.

Every time we're together, friends A and B trash my other friend C and say really negative things about her. Everything from cuts on her attitude, her choice in men, and even so far as to douse her professional life. It makes me uncomfortable. At this point I don't know what to do but I feel that they are totally wrong.
I know she’s a good person and we have great time together, but I don’t want the issues they are having with the other friend to be the end of our friendship...and I’m afraid that if I say something that it might because they are so incredibly serious about how they feel and their thoughts on the situation.


I've learned to just keep my mouth shut, but I feel guilty and I don’t know if it’s something I can do much longer. They've now started to refuse to come to events where I invite friend C.

Signed, 

The Peacemaker

Dear Wishy Washy Queen of the Dumbasses.....seriously, 

You are all grown women. You have no vested interest in the beefs between your girlfriends. You weren't there, you were not affected. That is not your fight. 

Tell Bitch 1 and Bitch 2 to grow the fuck up, get over themselves and quit putting you in the middle. If they don't like your choice in friends and question it, remind them that they were your choice of friends. If they don't want to come to your events, fuck em. Take shit tons of selfies with you and Friend C, and everyone else having a fucking rocking ass time and let those two cunts sit back and bitch and moan about all the fun they are missing. They're obviously not worth your time. 

Hildy

No comments:

Post a Comment