Monday, January 6, 2014

Life on planet Hoth

That's ok, I know that only a handful of the cool kids will get that joke, but seriously, I never realized how snow and sub arctic temperatures could affect my life!

Starting with this morning, my dh started my car and it ran, for over an hour. I probably burned enough fuel to power 3 or 4 Smart Cars at least. I finally got into my car, put it in reverse, and it died. I put it in park, turned the engine over, she fired right up and soon we were on our way. I was relieved, thinking the cold had a more dire effect on her than I imagined.

My relief was short lived when going up the small hill out of our neighborhood, the car didn't want to accelerate. Ok, it just needed some more active drive time warming up....or so I thought. But no.....that was not to be the case at all. I was traveling down the highway when I started the approach to this large hill. My car immediately slowed to less than 30mph. With my foot all the way on the accelerator and pressed all the way to the floor. My car was in real danger of not making the hill on a super busy highway.

I reached up and punched the flashers button and eased her over into a turn around lane, and prayed I got home in one piece. At one point, I think I had a Smart Car pushing me up one hill.

But, I digress. I am now safe at home wondering what sort of mischief I can get into today. I suppose I can start working on tomorrow's blog. Seeing as how I completely blew it off all weekend. I'm sorry DR's....I truly am. Let me get used to this new pattern and you'll see what sort of havoc I wreak. After all I'm the one who trained Chaos....

Love

Hildy

No comments:

Post a Comment