Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dear Hildy - When he turns out to be a douchenozzle

Dear Hildy,
Several months ago my best friend confessed to me that he loved me. Not that “love” like, “Oh GIRL I LOVE that Coach purse!”, but the love that fairy tales are made of. We have always been close, from day one of our relationship; however, lately it all seems to be going to hell in a hand basket.
You cannot, under any circumstances know what sort of pain and confusion that has caused in my life. Because, from the day he made his confession to me, our relationship has gone severely downhill.
He didn’t get me anything for Valentine’s Day, my birthday or Christmas. He didn’t even call or text me. He didn’t show up or call or even RSVP to my birthday party or New Year’s Eve party. I’ve seen him maybe 6 times in the past year and he lives less than 20 miles from me.
On those rare occasions that I have seen him, it’s like I’m clinging to a life preserver. However, he is only in the relationship when it is convenient for him. He never responds to texts or FB messages. But he’ll text me if he wants something. Several friends have remarked that he is my Kryptonite. I just can’t seem to tell him no.
What do I do?
Hopeless in Harmony

Hopeless,
You’ve said it all. Pull your head out of your ass, recognize that he doesn’t love you or he wouldn’t be putting you through this shit. Get rid of him. Delete and block him from Facebook, because we all know you stalk his ass there. Delete and block him from your cell phone. From Instagram, Twitter, Blogger and Reddit. Eradicate him from your life.
You are, was and always will be a convenience to him. Never a priority.
Suck it up and put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

Hildy

No comments:

Post a Comment